Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekend "Scare"

This weekend was my favorite kind of weekend.

Friday I had to head down to York for my enrollment appointment in the morning. It was an absolutely gorgeous day so I took the opportunity to wander around the HUGE campus and take it all in. I’m 100% sure that I will be getting lost several times as I get to know my way around. It’s so big…. but really nice. I love it there already.

My appointment went well. I got enrolled in my courses, got my email setup and got my student card. I have this weird obsession with looking at my student card where it says “undergraduate student”. I’ve wanted to be an undergraduate student for so long, so there’s something very satisfying about it.

Starting in September I’m taking “Microeconomics” at the campus, “Introduction to Administrative Studies” online and my gen-ed (humanities) course “One World: Historical and Cultural Perspectives of Globalization” at the campus. Then in January my gen-ed continues and I start “Macroeconomics” at the school and “Introduction to Organizational Behavior” online. So by April I’ll have 18 credits on top of the 30 that they granted me as transfer credit. So, it’s not so bad. It’s the exact number of classes that I wanted to have (9 credits) per term. I’m so excited to start and am actually considering changing my major to get my BAS (Bachelor of Administrative Studies). I know that everyone thinks I’m crazy to think about switching already, but I did actually apply to this ahead of what I am taking, but didn’t have a pre-req math course I needed. So, I want to try to switch after my first year is completed. My plan is to take classes that are concurrent between the two majors first so I can make my decision later. All of my classes this year are like that.

Unfortunately I had to head back to work afterwards in cottage traffic, but I made it back to work a couple of hours in the afternoon. Bub and I went and got subs for dinner on Friday and watched some Gilmore Girls.

Saturday we cleaned, did laundry, ran some errands, went to the library and grocery store and went to Rib Fest for an amazing pulled pork sandwich. It was to die for. We also went to a new store for groceries and spent about $20 less than normal, so we’re going to shop there again next time and see if we can continue to save like that (that's $40/month)! We made my fave dinner, I had a bath, some lovin' and read for a bit.

Sunday Bub brought me breakfast in bed, then my step-dad came over to look at our lawnmower and he was able to fix it! YAY! I don’t have to pay to have it repaired or replaced! J So Bub was finally able to cut the lawn! The jungle in my backyard has been removed and the girls don't have to trudge through the long grass anymore! My father-in-law stopped by and we went back down to rib-fest to have a couple beers and try another sandwich. We napped with the dogs, made dinner and watched some more Gilmore Girls. It was so much more relaxed than the last 4 weekends have been and I missed just hanging out at home.

So here’s the weird part. AF was due on Friday morning and I am like clockwork. I mean that in the most literal way. I get AF every fourth Friday somewhere between 10 and 11am. So when it didn’t show up all day Friday, I started to get a little nervous. Then Saturday came and went and still no AF. I also couldn’t help but noticed that there was a definite lack of cramping too, which normally start for me about 2 days before AF actually arrives. I told Bub that I was late (although only a day at this point) and he was pretty calm about it (before I decided to go back to school, we were going to start trying for a baby this winter, so it’s not a huge shocker to him). The problem would be school. There’s no way that I could go back and have a baby that would be due right in the middle of winter term. We didn’t talk much about it because I knew it was too early to be nervous, but I thought about it all weekend. The more I thought about it the more excited I got and started thinking “okay, I can take my classes in fall-term, I’ll just have to switch the gen-ed for something that doesn’t run all year” then I’ll take next term off and then play it by ear when to go back after the baby is born.” I was getting really excited but was still nervous.


Sunday morning came and still no AF or cramps. I was now getting really excited even though I tried to remain calm and “hopeful” when Bub asked me if I had got it and then assured me that it would come. However, sitting outside in the backyard Sunday afternoon I got a sudden rush of intense cramps, so I went inside to check and sure enough AF had arrived. I couldn’t believe how disappointed I was. As much as it would have messed up my school plans, I would have loved to be pregnant and start a family now. When I told Bub, he high fived me and said “sweet…. no babies yet!” I smiled and agreed, but I was really upset. At least now I know how I’ll feel if I was to get pregnant by accident. It’s strange to be at a place in my life where a pregnancy “scare” is a good thing to a certain extent. I’ve never been there before.

So, I’m not pregnant and starting school as planned in September. I’m still super excited about it, but there’s still a little part of me that’s disappointed that my belly won’t be growing any time soon.



No comments: