Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All over the place!

I have so much I want to write about, so this may turn in to several posts.

Topic 1: The Inauguration- I'll keep this brief. I was sooo excited about this. I watched it all day at work on my computer and then was glued to CNN last night. I have been following Obama since before he announced his candidacy and LOVE him. I don't know what it is, but he (along with his wife and girls) is a captivating person. Even though I'm not American (nor do I live in the US) I think that this was a piece of history that everyone should have witnessed. But it's not just the fact that he's the first AA President, it's that I truly believe he is the best thing to happen to the US in a really long time. I think if anyone can make a difference and make the changes happen, it's him.

Topic 2: My In-Laws- I am making a concious effort not to bad mouth my in-laws after the fight (fight is an understatement) my husband and I had this weekend *see previous post for details*. It's really hard to do because most of them make my blood absolutely boil on a regular basis, but when it doesn't directly affect me, I am determined to keep my mouth shut for Bub's sake. We may have to discuss this issue a little further and make it a rule not to talk about them at all. I've never been one to keep my opinions to myself, so if I don't have any info to have an opinion on, it will be much easier. That may sound unfair to H, but I can't make-up nice things to say about them, so it's better to not say anything.

Topic 3: My job- well it still sucks the big one and leaves me totally drained every day. I have a sense of absolute dread on my way to the office every single morning. It's an awful way to live. I have a feeling the pitch has been made to lay me off. We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks. I don't want to talk about it any more than that so.... moving on.

Topic 4: My Dad is coming for a week! He flys in next Tuesday and will be staying with my Nan. I'm super excited since I haven't seen him since last summer. I'm a Daddy's girl so I always enjoy when he's here. I was able to take the Thursday and Friday of the week he is here off which will give me 4 straight days to visit with him. It will be the first time he's seen our house so I have a lot of work to do before he arrives.

I have one more thing I want to talk about, but I think it's worthy of it's own post. Stay tuned.

No comments: