Saturday, October 13, 2012

Doc's Orders

I went to see my family doc this week about my depression and anxiety. She basically confirmed what I was suspecting in that it's likely postpartum depression. She prescribed a (nursing safe) anti-depressant, and wants me to come back and see her at the beginning of November to check up on the situation.

I haven't filled the script yet because I'm nervous about taking anything while I'm breastfeeding (I'm nervous about taking most things in normal situations anyway). While my doctor assures me that it's safe, I'm going to do some research of my own just to ease my mind.

At least it's a start.


2 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm thinking of you Ashley! xoxoxo I'm glad you are talking with a Dr.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you Ashley. I had no idea you were going through this. Been lagging on my Google Reader.
Big hugs to you. I truly hope that the pills work for you. Your newest post says they haven't kicked in yet, but give it time.