Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cayo Largo 2011

I'm going to try to keep this a brief as possible because if I don't make a conscious effort, this post could be incredibly lengthy as I detail the entire trip minute by minute. So, here comes the condensed version.

We napped, we read, we lounged by the pool, we rented scooters and toured the whole (tiny) island twice, we took a sunset dinner cruise, I swam with the dolphins, we snorkeled at a coral reef and shipwreck, we visited and iguana sanctuary island, saw a live crocodile, we ate a lot, we drank way too much beer and too many pina coladas, we swam, we body surfed, we sat in the rocking chairs on our balcony listening to the ocean, I held a starfish and a baby sea turtle, we were pulled over by the Cuban police on our scooters and we took many walks on the AMAZING beaches. We had perfect weather.... not a single day of clouds.  It did rain twice, but only overnight so the puddles in the morning were the only indication.  We just.... had an incredible time.

The beaches on this island are indescribable.  The sand is perfectly white, the water is amazingly blue (and so warm) and they go on forever.  Cayo Largo was actually named to have the most beautiful beaches in the world by a UK travel magazine.  I loved every second of this trip and I can't wait to go back.

Resort: Grande Caribe Playa Blanca - ex: Barcelo (4 star)

Here are some of my favorite pics:






















(This is actually in Toronto, at baggage claim.  But it was just too appropriate)

No comments: