Thursday, July 8, 2010

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

*sigh*

This book was pretty much what I thought it was going to be and at the same time it was a total surprise. The only way I can describe it is that it was "quiet"... but it was quietly awesome. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

It was refreshing because it was just so honest. All of the characters were 100% real and believable (yes... even Tiny) and the story was told in such a truthful way that you just had to believe it.

There were moments that had me literally laughing out loud (I won't mention specifics because I don't want to spoil them) and that says a lot because, although I often find myself smiling at books, I rarely laugh out loud.

David Levithan- what an emotional voice. Honestly, some of the writing for WG is just... ugh. AWESOME.

John Green- HI-larious and smart as ever. There are certain things that John can get across that just make me say , "yessssssssssssssssssss" like I've been trying to describe it for years and he just says it. I kinda love him.

I will definitely be reading more from both of these authors, hopefully in the near future.

If you're looking for an action-packed, fast-moving, exciting book.... WGWG is not for you. If your looking for a funny, touching, truthful and quiet book, definitely pick this up and give it a chance. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: