Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Through the Fire by Shawn Grady

The best way to describe this book is to say that it has a 2 star beginning and a 4 star ending. I decided to meet in the middle for my final review.


I wasn't really sure where the story was going for the first half. Everything seems to jump around and it didn't feel like a plot was coming together. But, around page 200 it started to jive and the last 100 pages definitely caught my attention.

You can tell the author was (is?) a firefighter. Lots of fire jargon that was interesting, but then it got old quickly. The whole thing felt a little repetative through the middle, but by the end I was hooked and was anxious to find out what happened.

I loved the fact that I had no idea who the arsonist was right up to the end. Normally I can catch on to these things.

All in all, this was a good read. The beginning wasn't great, but the end made up for it and I enjoyed it enough.

No comments: