Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm a Proud Nerdfighter!!!!

So, I've recently fallen in LOVE with all things John Green, Hank Green and nerdfighter/vlogbrother related.  I'm kinda obsessed actually, and felt the need to blog about it.

Serioulsy, if you don't follow vlogbrothers, start now. At first glance it seems kinda silly, but when you listen and watch regularily you notice very quickly just how insanely intelligent (and freakin' funny) these guys are.  They are exactly my kind of humor and have me rolling on the floor on a regular basis, while often dealing with some pretty deep/important/relevant issues at the same time.  What started as two brothers, John and Hank Green (one a way famous and adorable novelist and the other a super cute science genius/environmentalist), communicating via vlog for 1 year, turned into a social phenomenon prompting geeks and and fun intellectuals everywhere to become nerdfighers.

Look how cute!!!!



Here's a little taste of why I love John Green so much:

-John on why calling someone a nerd is NOT an insult

FTW: "Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."

-On why it's freakin' awesome to be a nerd

And here's why Hank rocks my socks on a regular basis:

-on how google is trying to get inside your head
-just because I love him

Anyhoo, if you enjoy witty, intelligent (albeit a little silly) humour, CHECK THEM OUT and then go buy John's books.  I ordered Will Grayson, Will Grayson last week and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. 

DFTBA!!!!!

No comments: