Tuesday, October 7, 2008

That's Life... just an update

Couple things I wanted to blog about:
1. Work Sucks: Over the last little while the general atmosphere has become very, very negative. It's too complicated to explain on here but I'm reaching a breaking point and don't know what to do. I'm not the only one feeling it. I'm also bored to tears most of the time (with exception of month end, qtr end and year end). I have a lot to do in a day, but I can usually get it done in a couple of hours. Then what? I trying to find things to do/look busy. It sucks. I like busy days. I enjoy constantly having something to do. It's challenging and therefore motivating. Having nothing to do SUCKS! I'm always edgy at work now and I snap at people all day. It's getting really bad and I feel stuck. I can't afford to give up this job. I can't take a pay cut, it' just not a option.
2. Reading Season: My reading season has finally begun and I'm so happy. Here's what my nights consist of in the fall: Home from work, make dinner, clean a bit while dinner is cooking, eat dinner, clean-up dinner, make lunches for next day, go for a walk with DH and dog, come home and park my butt with a good book and a cup of tea (or sometimes hot apple cidar). I'm either on the front porch wrapped in a blanket, in the bath tub, in my reading chair or in bed. I love taking that time to be able to read at least a solid hour each night. Fall is the best time to do it outside. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I hardly watch TV in the fall because I'd rather dive into my latest book. Right now, I'm reading Outlander (the first in a series of what is currently 6 books) and I have heard RAVES about it on GoodReads and on the NBC board. It's really good so far, but I'm just getting into it, so we'll see. DH is at work tonight so I'll have the whole evening to myself to really dive into the story.
3. VACATION: DH and I are on vacation next week. We plan to stick around the house and get some of the outside pre-winter stuff the needs to be done, done. One day we are going to head up to Algonquin Park (a HUGE provincial park about 2.5 hours from here) to do some hiking and see the fall colors. We always take a lunch and eat outside in the crisp fall air... soooo much fun. I can't wait just to have a quiet break from work. I may try to convince DH to give me a day of shopping Downtown (Toronto) as well. It's expensive down there, so I usually just pick up one cool thing, but it's fun.
4. Thanksgiving: It's the Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and we have 2 dinners planned thus far. 1 is at my FIL's and one is at my Mum's. I love Thanksgiving. I love the food, the decorations, the time of year. It's one of my fav. holidays. To me, it signifies that fall is really here and summer is officially over. My fav. part is the leftovers. Warm turkey sannies??? mmmm... can't wait.

No comments: