Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Pagan Stone (Sign of Seven Trilogy- Book 3) by Nora Roberts

I really, really enjoyed this final installment in the Sign of Seven Trilogy. I felt like it was well rounded and took some risks that typical romance books don't normally take.


The paranormal elements throughout the series, but especially in Pagan Stone, were definitely a little more out there than I'm used to but by the end I was really enjoying some of the darker elements. Roberts sure knows how to make my skin crawl.

I have to admit though that I'm not 100% sure what exactly happened at the very end in terms of HOW it happened. I feel like maybe I need to go back and re-read the last chapter for clarification. Regardless, I'm not in a huge rush because I don't feel like I missed anything spectacularly important. I know the general outcome and I was pleased with it.

As much as I loved Fox and Layla, and Cal and Quinn, I've been looking forward to reading Gage and Cybil's story through the whole trilogy.  Equally feisty and quick witted, their relationship dynamic was a blast to read about.  Some of Gage's snarky one-liners were the best parts of the book.  (example: "Gage, we need you're blood"... "I'm using it right now")
I recommend this book to all fans of paranormal romance. It's got some hot lovin', some sexy characters, a good mystery and "BIG EVIL BASTARD" is sure to satisfy those looking for the truly creepy elements as well.

I'll certainly be reading more from NR in the future.

No comments: