Monday, August 23, 2010

Evernight by Claudia Gray

This is, unfortuantely, another one of those books, first in a series, that I thought was just ok.  But, I will continue reading the series because of the way it ended.  I'd really love to know how this story works itself out.

I will say that I was shocked to find out the secret that the teachers and most of the students at Evernight were hiding.... I honestly had no idea, but that was pretty much the only excitement I got out of the first 2/3 of this book. 

I wasn't a fan of the characters at all.  They all seemed to be predictable and the stereotypical YA characters.  There's the super-bitch that hates the MC, the take em' or leave em' roommate with few redeeming qualities, the nasty bad-guy, the sweet "other guy", the tortured new best friend... ugh. They were all there and all very predictable.

almost disliked Bianca.  There was just something about her that rubbed me the wrong way until closer to the end of the book.  Hopefully her character will grow a little with everything she's been through.  And Lucas was likeable... but something didn't quite jive with him for me until later in the story as well.  I had a hard time buying his history when it finally came to light.

The excitement in the story definitely took a while to see but by the end of the book I was intrigued.  Intrigued enough to continue with the series, but not enough that I'm in a rush to pick it up. 

In the end- this book was ok- or just good.  A low 3 star rating. 

No comments: